View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2020, 15:14 (Ref:3984031)   #6423
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
☝️Nice to see someone actually talking some sense and truth, the championship needs to be back up and running for the sake of everyone employed in the industry
don't get me wrong, i really do sympathise with spectators and i'd be going nuts if i wasn't working in the industry too. spectators are important, but essential? right now, this year? no. we need to make sure the industry survives until a vaccine is freely available first and we can go back to welcoming spectators into our workplaces.

streamed tv coverage and social media keep people far closer to the sport than ever before, let's use that to our benefit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Err - are you sure you've been out? It's amazing how many people have no clue about social distancing - go into just about any shop and people will push past you or lean across in front of you to get something off a shelf. It was bad enough at the start of all this but now there seems to be an almost total disregard for social distancing.
this was my experience too - at the shops i was trying really hard and it just wasn't possible to account for other peoples unwillingness to distance all the time. the difference between individual stores in the same brand of supermarket is pretty significant too.

to be honest i think we're all good at some stuff and rubbish at others - for example getting into a routine of using hand sanitiser regularly at work is a bit of a mental block for me, whereas going around cleaning surfaces more regularly is a very easy habit.

but it's hard to have patience for people who aren't trying, or aren't watching those around them to make sure they're taking appropriate precautions.