View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2020, 12:20 (Ref:3985095)   #6553
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think Neate can be quick, he outqualified Plato in the MG at least once, but he's erratic. I think his massive shunt at Brands Hatch exiting Graham Hill when he collected I think two other cars kinda showed that maybe the BTCC isn't quite "his" level.
Matt Jackson caused an accident at Brands Hatch that resulted in wiping out considerably more than just 2 cars, yet I wouldn't say BTCC wasn't his level. I would rate him as one of the best not to have won the overall championship.
Any driver can have a moment and take out other cars.
Thankfully Simpson has hung up his helmet. I have always felt sorry for any driver who is sat near him on the grid, you can almost guarantee they are going off trying to avoid his moments which can occur at any point during each race, sometimes more than once.
This year is the first that I am aware of that Neate has got any real testing done. He solidly worked his way through with the RS and now with his new car. As far as I am aware all good solid test sessions with no mishaps. He may not be up the speed of his team mates who have more recent experience, but I don't see his average current finishing place slipping.