Thread: Driver Alonso to Renault in 2021
View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2020, 17:52 (Ref:3986808)   #132
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2007 was a crazy season. i was relatively new to the forum then but some of those threads were insane.

thinking back, i believe i started out very much on Alonso's side. he had just been given a massive retainer (maybe the largest ever?) and coming off back to back titles...i couldnt understand why Mclaren would even consider treating their drivers as equal (like alternating who was given the optimal qualify order - weird quali rules then right?).

after a couple of years of disappointing Kimi with poor reliability, i was very much anti Ron and Mclaren at that point and for me that narrative fed right into spygate.

just absolutely crazy days in the forums back then!