View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3991284)   #263
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Honestly, I think the issue shows up far less in the 3 hour races. Teams run 3 drivers, so it makes sense to do the 3 hours as single driver stints.

The Spa 24 is a different matter though, because everyone has to run identical stints. Pit stops are a mandated time (literally. The cars waiting in the box until the time is complete), and you can't save fuel to extent stints or anything because the stint length is mandated too (65 minutes). So this means everyone does identical things - runs 65 minutes and then does a full service stop. Because there's no advantage to trying anything else.

Part of the beauty of endurance racing is the different strategies. That's literally regulated out of SRO racing now. Ok in the 3 hours it isn't that big a deal, but in the 6 and 24 hour events it ruins it a lot. Like when the ACO had fuel and tyres at the same time, and suddenly strategy was rubbish and everyone did the same thing.

I really enjoyed the races too. But I also know it could be a lot better than what we're currently getting.