Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3993892)   #990
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I still think hypercar is much more interesting than lmp3 where everyone is running identical engines. I think in a couple more years we'll hear about opening up the class a little bit. Why? Because Peugeot might just have a few bargaining chips with their countrymen the ACO. I feel like they will be all for upgrading their cars if off the pace and bop doesn't really help. I hope once theres 3 or more 2-car teams the ACO will loosen up the bop tinkering and letting the cars as is for a while.
I kind of like watching IPC because of the non-dirtyness of LMP3, yes it's very dry and static and has all the problems of quasi spec + proam racing I've listed before countless times but at least it's honest racing. There's no trickery or lies like in many other classes. On some tracks you can (sort of) see Norma being better than Oak and vice versa. Plus the great NA tracks and TV production make it better viewing than the European counterparts where it's more snooze inducing

Regarding LMH. ACO loves Pug, but if Pug wants to win a class having more in common with GT3 than LMP1, it would be much easier to do that via lobbying for generous bop bulletins. If they attempt to build beast of a car or some sort of homologation special like MC12 it would be a massive waste of money and effort. Which I don't think they're going to do anyway since they're even considering of opting for budget DPi-LMDh instead of Hyperwagon. On top of that we are all aware about the Peugeot financial situation and their long lasted lobbyism towards LMP cost cutting. Putting mediocre Peugeot engine and cheap body panels on Oreca 07 with external spec hybrid system from the USA would make for good ROI and the ACO could let them rebrand the said 07 as Peugeot 908 Hybrid EVO or something similarly lame.

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Aug 2020 at 23:11.