View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3994814)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
presumably quarantines only apply if one wishes to stay in the country after the quarantine period ends.

so upon returning, you quarantine with your family for however many days (up to 14 days) you are in country but if you decide to leave before those 14 days then you are free to break your quarantine provided you are directly leaving the country?

this may be unpopular or controversial to say, but there are already exemptions for people on gov't business, involved in the transportation industries, as well as people with legitimate business needs so i would place an individual involved in an international sport providing entertainment to many millions as also more important then people returning from a vacation or a second property in a foreign country.

that said, neither group should be more important than those who lack the means to leave a place at all. imo, they have the preeminent right to protect the health integrity of their own communities.
Nothing is too controversial with this, as the pandemic has some big questions at its heart.

I understand, though, that transport workers are in a situation where it is normal they can move more freely. I also accept Aysedasi's point about F1 personnel being subject to tests, so they are better protected. My criticism is more with the lack of support and testing for the rest of us who have lives to live and things to do that don't involve staying stuck in.