Thread: BTCC Brands Hatch Rd4/5/6
View Single Post
Old 12 Aug 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3994940)   #264
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I've not seen the coverage from Brands yet (still haven't finished watching the previous rounds!) but presumably they were front left punctures? Stones have been mentioned before at Brands for causing puctures - particularly if cars run across the back of the kerb at Graham Hill, it'd be interesting to see the line Butcher and Jackson took through there. Maybe a combination of setup (camber angle exposing the sidewall more than other cars?) and cutting the corner contributed to the problem. The other corner where people take liberties with the kerbing (again the front left would take the punishment) would be Stirlings - but usually they stick a big tyre bale there to stop that sort of thing - having not seen the coverage I don't know whether that was the case this time.
The Motorbase punctures were front left. Jelley (and others) suggest that the Motorbase cars were too aggressive on front set up, and took too much kerb through paddock.