View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2020, 10:25 (Ref:3997813)   #50
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Ah ok, thanks.

The tech regs quoted just said that they can be blocked off, isn't that what they tried to do but then were told they could not?
The decision to have them blanked, or part of the brake cooling, is made at the time of homologation.
The car was homologated with the apertures open, so that is how they must remain.

If you compare that with the Focus - you can see blanked off fog light apertures, but other apertures added to the front end. Dynamics have chosen to use the existing apertures, rather than add them elsewhere on the front of the car:

In that last picture, (link here) look at the aperture closest to Cammish. You can see the ducting behind that feeds the airflow.

Which makes me wonder why BTC are upset about them being open? The airflow is being used; if they were closed another aperture would be required on the front end somewhere else. It would be interesting to see the actual comments from BTC.....