View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3998002)   #7440
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
It was a throttle problem and Carl said the pedal didn’t return when he let his foot off the gas.

Carl’s an experienced racer who’s now getting to grips with BTCC and the Series 1 BMW.
I don't begrudge anyone with any talent (as long as they are not a physical danger to someone else) having a go in the BTCC. As Brits, we all love an underdog and it is always great to see someone outperform their perspective ability and machinery.

What is frustrating as a viewer is the seemingly "bit crap" teams which take part which seem to have under prepared , or potentially unsafe cars on the track. Of course, failures happen, but some teams definitely have more than others. When these teams also seem to have the least resources, and the most cars on the grid - you have to wonder the logic as when they start disrupting races it is probably time they went elsewhere.

I know these teams are a cheap stepping stone to a better drive, and someone has to be the Minardi of the BTCC world - but when you look at a bunch of the ex-drivers who are consistently performing better now they have gone to more professional outfits its clear something is wrong (Jake Hill, Chris Smiley, Bobby Thompson, Michael Crees etc). I feel for Jack Goff, who clearly is a cut above the team but paying to remain relevant and struggling (mixed conditions races aside).

I seriously think dropping two cars, focusing on the other two and increasing the budget slightly would yield much better results, like every other team on the grid.