View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2020, 15:59 (Ref:4002202)   #117
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Bottas “we need a safety car to win this now”

Stroll “hold my beer”

Hamilton “permission denied”

Don’t know how many chances Bottas needed today, but he couldn’t match Lewis.

Feel sorry for Danny but great for Albon, let’s hope it gives him the confidence going forward
Hmm. Bottas had the fortune with the safety car coming out but it all amounted to nothing as Hamilton was handed a free stop by Bottas, not Hamilton, being the first car caught behind the safety car, and then the standing start nullified it all. Hamilton only took the lead following a standing start, so I'd argue Bottas' one chance came from that final restart - and he bottled it. Still, the tyre politics was an odd episode. Also, without the Verstappen roadblock, I wonder how far Hamilton would have fallen down after the first start. 4th maybe.

Honestly Albon's podium has a very awkward and gifted feel to it. He had to fight past Ricciardo but it took him too many awful starts to recover from in a car that was clearly superior those around him to make it feel like he has been rewarded for his struggles. It feels gifted through a red flag that I still don't really see the justification for (although given that Stroll's car turned into a bonfire, it may well have been needed). It doesn't "feel good" at all, and is incomparable with the emotions of last weekend.

A race far too odd and full of strange moments for me to really enjoy.