View Single Post
Old 18 Sep 2020, 19:11 (Ref:4003642)   #189
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
Not the spirit I am looking for for endurance race
I mean I get what you are saying in some way but what's ACO supposed to do, break their own rules for sake of spirit?

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...egulations.pdf
10.2.5 Start of a car that did not take part in qualifying practice
Any car not taking part in the session, if allowed by the Stewards, will start the race from the pit lane at the end of the first lap. They will start from the pit lane, after all the Competitors have covered one racing lap and under the supervision of Race Control.

Of course, this could have been avoided if the silly hyperbole wasn't a thing and the former 6 hour quali was still used, but as it is, the officials were doing what they are supposed to