View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4007129)   #901
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking as a spectator snapper, who has the benefit of having finished full time employment, I have now been to eight English motorsport venues, some on multiple occasions, since July for both car and bike racing. This has not included Silverstone to date for obvious reasons.

I have really enjoyed some of the "greener" venues where you aren't constantly shooting through or over fencing, don't have fencing or acres of gravel as a back drop or those where you can get closer to the action.

I do hope that Silverstone can find a way to accommodate (in a Covid secure way) spectators for British GT, HSCC finals, WHT and the Birkett, but am not holding my breath. After the last few weeks I am also not sure how much I want to negotiate the photographic challenges there if there are better shots to be had elsewhere !

On a side note, having been brought up on four wheeled motorsport, I have really enjoyed shooting bikes - there's something about seeing the rider often hidden behind bodywork in a car. Theres also the fact that we all think we could get a Fiesta or a Clio round a track at reasonable speed - but a bike - NO WAY !