Thread: Category engine
View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2020, 06:52 (Ref:4009699)   #77
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
You ask any supercars fan why 5lt V8s became the prominent engine in the atcc, they wouldn't have a clue. Not just that, probably even figures within the supercars industry wouldn't know.
I doubt that's correct. I'm sure most fans are aware that engines types other than a
5L V8 were either banned or rendered uncompetitive.

Even so the BMW 5 Series was a large sedan that came with a V8 and was STILL told that it was not welcome to compete (which is ridiculous).

What could have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
I think Australian fans WANT V8s based on the past 40 years or our racing DNA
Far from a fan preference, these are wounds the ATCC is still struggling to repair IMO, and efforts to "accommodate" new manufacturers under COTF have seemingly just made it worse...

I think you've got "Australians racing fans want V8s" mixed up with "Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon fans want V8s"!

The disappointment of Holden fans that Holden won't exist to race in the ATCC in 2022 onwards, is surely not a patch on the (George) fury that Nissan fans would have felt when the 1993 Touring Car regulations were announced apparently to specifically exclude Nissan!

For example, why didn't they just ban AWD? Banning AWD, and then using a suitable equivalence between turbocharged vehicles up to 2500cc for RWD Skyline & Sierra and NA up to 5000cc for RWD Commodores & Falcons would have been a far more sensible regulation.

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Oct 2020 at 07:03.