View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2020, 11:02 (Ref:4015622)   #956
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We need to make sure something is in place for the future to get through this. At the end of the day people have had the virus and survived, I guess that explains why more cases are being reported. It of course depends who you are whether you can get through it
I just hope things get better next year, it's about time we started to return to normal. If only the vaccine comes out before the end of the year, if not then, then early next year. That is our best hope.
Don't worry, it will get better. You might have to wait a bit, but every precaution needs to be taken. Hopefully come the second half of next year things will have picked and as much racing as possible will be back
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I have no doubt that people do and will survive it but people that could survive (and survive “normal” illnesses) won’t if the NHS is overwhelmed.

I do know plenty of people (inc medical professionals) who think that we should let COVID run its course and carry on life as normal, but I guess that isn’t really an option if there are large queues for bed spaces/ treatment, and people are dying from otherwise recoverable conditions.
I do really agree with both of you here. My feelings are that we are going to be stuck with this horrible virus for quite a while unfortunately, but we (literally) cannot afford to just keep hiding from it until it goes away. I feel that we need to adapt our behaviours & activities so that we are able to carry on with our lives as close to 'normal' as we can. If or when a successful vaccine becomes available (I have my annual 'flu jab booked for next week) then we can maybe relax things a bit more. It is all just a question of balance really.
I am also usually someone who is not very political and likes to believe what I am told by the authorities. I appreciate that it is easy to criticise the measures that have been put in place and with the benefit of hindsight saying that things should have been done sooner/later etc. but I am also starting to have my head & opinions turned by the information being put forward by people who are well educated and (more importantly) very experienced in the field of respiratory diseases & problems who are saying that things are nowhere near as bad as we are being led to believe when compared to years gone by...