Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2020, 08:18 (Ref:4017388)   #378
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Pick any manufacturer on the grid today, and look at the range of models they are committed to beyond 2025. I'd be surprised if you can name a single one who doesn't have a car that isn't eligible for the BTCC going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Two straight away.. MG and Subaru
A) MG and Subaru were not on the grid this season
B) MG5 and Subaru Impreza would both be eligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
What's Nissan selling that isn't a Micra?
Not on the grid this season, but the Ariya would be eligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Infiniti.

Honda, other than electric?

Toyota (ICE)?
Infiniti - true. The current Q50 would be eligible beyond 2025, but they have withdrawn from Western Europe. I guess you could look at Nissan?

Honda - 2022 Civic is being revealed today.
Toyota - Camry refresh due in 2021, with a new model in 2024.

The lack of ICE models will become irrelevant soon, when the UK prohibits the sale of ICE models from 2030.
I agree entirely that there seems to be a prevalence of small SUVs in most brands' range - but I disagree with the view that there are going to be no NGTC compatible base cars available.