Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2020, 09:14 (Ref:4017396)   #381
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I had thought by now that the EU might have moved to legislate against OR at the very least hike taxes on SUVs to try and diminish the effect of climate change by private mobility. However, who runs the EU? Germany. The lobbyists for the Kraut giants alone will no doubt be behind this not happening.

Why do people buy them? Herd instinct and copy catting. The size of the SUV is seen as prestige - my willy is bigger than yours nonsense. They are all hopeless at handling, but at town speeds ferrying unfit overweight future problems for the NHS (or children as they are otherwise known) to school and back it makes no odds.

It's only when you see the tanks on the other side of the pond that you realise how $%&#£@ up we are as a society. You don't need a box bigger than a Vietnamese families home to take your kids to school. Or rather, you do: it's called the school bus.

<disengage rant mode>

Ford in the US is out of the car market (other than the Mustang). Yanks only buy SUV tanks and enormous puck ups. I predict other car brands ceasing to build what we identify as "cars" before mid point this decade.
Are big SUV's already taxed? I thought the road tax for big engined vehicles in UK is higher - although like here in Ireland Hybryd makes a mockery of it I drove a Range RoverHybryd around Cork for a day and the ICE never turned off!