View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4022840)   #143
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but what seems different in this set up compared to LMP1 is that the ICE can produce the max permitted power without the hybrid and the engine management system will therefore control how much power the ICE is making to balance it with hybrid energy deployment.
Whereas in LMP1, once the battery was depleted, the car was effectively underpowered until it recharged.
So the Peugeot will always have 670hp available, with part time 4wd, with some power coming from ICE and some from hybrid, compared to say, the Glickenhaus which will always have 670hp available from ICE alone with full time rwd.
Yes, I understand that ICE + motors must be <= 500 kW at any time. The maximum power will be electronically managed between ICE and motors (forward wheels). When the battery is empty the ICE gives the full allowed 670 hp i.e 500kW (rear only).