Thread: BTCC BTCC 2021
View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4028594)   #1483
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
When he joined WSR, didn't he make some comment about them being the most professional team he had ever worked with, upsetting Motorbase in the process.
It's a well-trodden path that AJ walks along (he's not alone in that regard).
Sign a deal - tell the world how this is the best team on the grid.
Leave a team - tell the world you left on good terms.
Get upset with your former team - tell the world you didn't like it there anyway.
Sign a deal - tell the world why you are now in a better team to all of your previous ones.

The official press releases are (usually) full of the typical praise for everyone involved - the social media comments are what would worry me as a potential backer.

AJ:
7/1/15 - 'Joining this team [MG/888] gives me the best chance I will have of winning the championship again'
'it came down to deciding on the package that gave us the best chance of winning the championship'
'it’s a really positive move for me personally and I believe it gives us a great shot at the title again'

28/10/15 - 'You need to have a passion to succeed in the BTCC and we want to be with a team that really wants to win. David and the team at Motorbase have that passion and determination'

18/10/16 - 'I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with Motorbase; they are a fantastic team [...] we split on amicable terms and I wish David [Bartrum] and the team all the best for the future.'

18/12/19 - 'Everyone wants to drive for the best team in the field, so to be repaid by Dick (Bennetts, WSR Team Principle) and BMW with a seat of this type means a lot.'
'I thought that staying with BMW was the only chance I’d be on the BTCC grid next year, but I really didn’t think that was possible, and if I wasn’t going to be with WSR, I didn’t want to be there.'
'I’m here on merit and not because I’ve got a big bag of cash.'

1/7/20 - 'Leaving BMW and WSR happened on good terms.'

12/1/20 - 'Not with Weasel Racing no.'

If every move from Eurotech up to WSR has been an improved opportunity, where else is there to go?