View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4028767)   #149
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very dissapointing, it's just an LMP with less awkward proportions, they could've at least changed the TS050 headlights to something similar to the GR SuperSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
this is the bit i just dont get with hypercar.

Theyre introducing a class that has cars that look the same as LMP2 the same target lap time as current LMP2, but will cost a lot more than LMP2 and requires current LMP2 to be slowed down.

To me, thats why LMDh makes more sense......or DPi for that matter

Tbh it would have made more sense to me to have the LMDh/dpi rules instead of hyper and keep LMP2 as they were so in essence you have Prototype Pro and Prototype Pro/AM classes.
I don't really see the problem with having both classes, it's all going to be BoP'd anyway and the LMH option is there for manufacturers who would rather build their own car and don't mind the extra costs involved with doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Widely loved? No it was not. Back then I knew the Toyota GT1 was a category killer. I loved the McLarens and original Porsche GT1s. I thought the Porsche GT1 1998 car pushed the boundaries of the class. Toyota burried it.

Doing so now. They ruined the idea of the hypercar class before it even started.
The TS020 absolutely was widely loved and still is, that you don't like it is an entirely different thing. Funny you should mention the original GT1 Porsches since they started the homologation special trend that eventually killed the class and were against the spirit of the rules as much as the later more extreme cars like the Mercedes and the Toyota, the difference is Toyota never bothered pretending the cars were anything other than prototypes.