Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4030837)   #305
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Looking at the schedule, what session will set the grid for the "race that set's the grid for the 24" ? Also, is it all classes or just DPI & GTLM ? All I see on schedule is Q sessions for P2, P3 & GTD. I've got the beers in, and a couple steaks, ready to start 2021 Sportscar viewing and hoping this year isn't as foooked up as last year !! Stay cool everyone.
For the rest of 2021, the Q-sessions could look like this, although I don't know if IMSA has announced anything certain. 15 minutes each as usual.

1. GTD silver/bronze for starting grid
2. GTLM + GTD pro for points (not convinced every team on a race week will elect to do this, especially as season goes on as less are in contention for championship)
3. LMP3 bronze only
4. DPI + LMP2 P2 is bronze only too...I think

For the start of races, IMSA if they were smart would line the LMP3 cars behind the GTLMs. But sometimes they don't make the best of decisions to execute even though the concepts are good. I think not splitting the 24 hours of Daytona Q-race between proto and is a mistake.