View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4037125)   #31
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Allan and Tom, and probably most of the Audi Sport old guard, probably won't be tempted away from Audi any time soon, or get back into competitive racing. All have shown a huge amount of loyalty to Audi and Audi Sport. Besides, all of these guys are basically retired from driving, not to mention that Allan and Tom have management jobs at Audi Sport, and I can see one or both being involved in the LMDH program. Besides, Tom seems to be happy with occasional vintage/historic racing drives and Allan hasn't really shown much interest into getting back into a race car in a competitive outing since he retired.

I do wonder if Ferrari will poach from the GT ranks to get some of their drivers, as well as some of their junior drivers who probably won't get too close to a F1 car in the near future.