View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2021, 01:42 (Ref:4039749)   #38
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
OK it seems with the dramas online with tenths we have lost a post or two, one of which was my answer to GerryMo re an odd push button device pic # 3339 of my album of PI pics I linked.
(That link to the off site album, in case it is now missing, is https://ibb.co/album/7Ntt5t )

Anyway back to GerryMo's question yes it is a push-button gear selector as fitted to the locally produced (Chrysler) Valiant R series in the early 1960s.

Powered by a slant six 225 cube engine slant-six was tilted by 30 degrees for a low bonnet line and gave an impressive for the time 145bhp. Another quirk was the water pump was cast on the side... it saved four inches in length, which translated into a larger passenger compartment.

The gear selection was a three speed push button affair, with buttons for Neutral,/ 1/2/3(drive) and reverse. Quite a futuristic car at the time this particular one competes in our Group Nb (pre'65) category

Piccies in question:

Edit it seems I am unable to upload the photos as normal atm, but to see the car in question the shot of the car and the gear selector buttons are images #3398 and 3399 in the album linked earlier in this post