View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4040986)   #63
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think this has been a good debate. I wouldn’t put Mansell as high as 5th, although history has underrated him. But I too voted for Prost, although there were other candidates too

The problem with deciding who’s the best is that the picture can be skewed by certain things. Like the fact some drivers didn’t often get the best car, while others did more often than not, so their results look better.

For me there were plenty of drivers in each era who were a step or two ahead of the others. Going back to the early 90s, the standout drivers of that era were Senna, Prost and Mansell, not forgetting others like Alesi and Berger, plus not yet established stars like Hill and Hakkinen. For me that was a great era. The only regret was Mansell didn’t have much competition for his title he otherwise deserved. He probably would have won it anyway.