Thread: Picture Puzzles
View Single Post
Old 10 Apr 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4045413)   #1311
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
This is where my mind is. One of those 'do I know you moments' when you meet a familiar face you cant name.
But I am one of those younger (more recent OAP) spring chicken types. Albeit without much of the spring these days!

I readily admit that I am dreadful with names, especially if they are not where I expect them! I know, that sounds really weird. What I mean is that if I know someone from a certain place, such as a certain address whether that be home, office, garage or whatever, then I can usually recall their name and usually all their family details. However, if I saw them out on the street or in a shop, I would look at them and struggle to remember their name.

When I was married, it used to really annoy my wife when we were out shopping, usually in our village, and these "strangers", most often female and definitely nearly always rather attractive, would call out from across the road "Hi, Mike", and I would tell my wife that I didn't have a clue who they were. And at the time I was being totally honest; the faces may have looked familiar, but I couldn't have put a name to them.

After I divorced, it actually got worse because I then started my financial services business, and when I sold out I probably had over 2,000 personal clients, pretty well all of whom I had had met in person. Some lived near me, and when out with my partner, we would often come across some of these clients, and they would nearly always greet me. Luckily, my partner actually worked for me, and she was great with names and faces, and she would try to whisper in my ear who the hell they were.

Yet I have a fairly good memory, and if the client's name was mentioned, or they called me on the phone at the office, I would usually be able to instantly recall pretty well all their details without having to refer to their files. I suppose it's just the way that we are all wired.