View Single Post
Old 19 May 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4052276)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting thoughts here.

I am still quite confused about the next LMP2 ruleset. I know they are to be the basis for the LMdH cars, but I can't find any info on what the actual P2 chassis rules will be. I'm guessing similar to todays rules, but I haven't seen that listed and i think they are supposed to roll out in 2023?

The GT side of things could be wide open. GT3 seems like the safe and easy bet for the next "top" class in WEC and Le Mans, but will the ACO take it? I would be all for lowering downforce to reduce cornering speeds, but will that allow for a higher top end speed making the overtaking on the straights more difficult? I know GT2 hasn't been hugely successful thus far, but have they been racing with GT3's on track? If so, how do they compare?