View Single Post
Old 21 May 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4052536)   #21
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Weathertech is Cooper McNeil so whatever he wants to do and whoever he pays to run the car. He runs Ferraris in Ferrari Challenge and skipped a couple IMSA rounds to run there as he dominates the fields and loves his trophies. Weathertech in IMSA is not a team itself, the program is run by Proton for him. I believe the car is theirs as well although he owns a couple including one of the Coke liveried cars picked up after Petit 2019.

Why would Paul Miller run in Pro with Sellers/Snow as Snow is an Am. There's no mention of dropping GTD to no Platinum or Gold or other driver class changes, it would likely kill a few entries running funded guys who don't want to run against the Pro teams. Think the only gap you'll see will be confidential vs customer tires for the Pro vs GTD class.
It could come down to "stratification". GTD Am I don't think should allow a gold/silver driver combo for their sprint races anymore myself. Silver should only be allowed if they pair with another silver or a bronze. Exception is the endurance races where they can add a bronze driver as the 3rd.

Well thats my idea anyway.