View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4054360)   #564
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can they get a quality 62 car grid without GT?

They importance of GT, or any of the other classes, there is to get the grid numbers. Of course GT also helps entice a little more manufacturer hospitality and promotion.

Anyway, all good, as it brings something more to the racing.
Marshall Pruett and Graham Goodwin discussed this once and concluded that no they can't get to 62, but remember that 48 was the Le Mans grid size for many years. But with 62 garages I bet they want to use them, so I feel that a GT-Am class of some sort is here to stay. In what for is the question. Perhaps it will be GT3 by 2024 maybe? I think they should throw a twist that too, in that only manufacturers that entered in GTE from 2020-2023 can enter, so it would lock out Audi, Mercedes, BMW, McLaren, etc. Force them to go via LMDH or LMH. I don't think they would want to use GT an excuse for an OEM to NOT do LMH/LMDH. Aston Marin might be the only one who could get away with that at this point. This might be a favor to the other GT3 series and races too.