View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4056217)   #2504
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite a day at Loton, the sun and temperature were my biggest problems, we were fortunate to be under a Very Big Tree, so shaded with lots of visitors..

2 Class wins!
Very close between Marin in his 1000cc bike engines riot and me in the big old lardy 3200cc Lola. We have a lot of good banter between us with a pile of BS thrown in by us both, great fun, makes all the difference.

Morning run was good and strong:
Lola 56.47/2.06, Riot 56.61/2.26 (my pb is 55.41)

Afternoon was far hotter and a lot of sweat.
Martin rocketed off the line which was a worry, so I gave it death off the line and off we went. Red Flag.
Even hotter, off we went again.
Missed a gear which took ages to sort out and I found myself in the middle of Keeper's corner in neutral, one hand steering, other looking for 3rd.

Came rolling out of Keepers and in 3rd. Floored the accelerator and hung on.
Went like a bat-out-of-hell, through the evil kink in the Cedar Straight and off to a brave 90 deg left called Fallow (deer connection!) and ripped through there too off to the final blind right and off to the finish line.

Lola 56.56/1.96, Riot 57.09/2.14

That 1.96 sec start was great, you can really feel it in the seat, over 1g of acceleration, so good.

so, there we are, all of 2 points in the class points for all this effort!
Great weekend of club motorsport at it's best.

Martin came over to congratulate me, swore at me, punched me and high-5'd me.

What a bunch of kids!
Prescott one-day Porsche meeting on Saturday and then back to a championship weekend again at Prescott late July.

Feels very busy.
Feels great.