View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4057187)   #2506
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, to a one-day Clubbie at Prescott running with all the Porsche speed championship lads and a few from my usual meetings.
We were in the Invited Racing Class, a class I won in 2019.

Always nice to be amongst like minded people and a lovely day to be there despite overcast, but no rain1

Practice was a mixed bag but 'ok' of sorts and the 2 race runs went much the same mainly due to the 'bogie' of Prescott came in my mind...

I dread changing gear at this track, the place when the engine went pop as I changed from 2nd to 1st while selecting 3rd and a very big bang and bill ensued.
It bugged me all day and the best I could muster was a miserable 47.00 dead, 1.6 off my best set many years ago.

Still bagged 2nd in class bedind the mighty Paul Howells in his 'RSR' and whom I had zero cahance of catching (anywhere).

However, home in one piece and smiling.

TBH happy the run of meetings is finished, a bit of a rest before we are back to Prescott in late July and a Midland round.