View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4059198)   #590
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
It is true you are right, it is always better to race all the classes together.
I miss the 80 or 90 car grids at Daytona and Sebring.
I remember that many battles between the Porsche RS Spyder and the Audi R10 TDI were defined by traffic.
I just thought that if there are more than 25 or 30 LMDH/Hypercars, the classes could be splitting into the races of 2 hours 40 min.
1. No way do I miss 80 car grids. Don't need it in 2021 anymore with the reliabiilty of the cars and the stubborness of IMSA to not utilize Code 60 type virtual safety car for debris and stalled car situations. I prefer 40-45 as long as they are Yellow happy. Larger grids can be possible if code 60 is utilized though.

2. You are right about the whole Petit Le mans split idea. Not realisitc probably but GTD Pro should get chances to headline. Hope ViR and Lime Rock remain all GT. I think Daytona Q-races should split too. "Motul Twin 125" sounds like a good roll of the tounge.

3. Yes on split races for shorter events. Especially if grid numbers for LMDH come through as promised. Can justify keeping LMP3 too that way.