Thread: WEC Race 2021 6 Hours of Monza
View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4059594)   #18
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So what top speeds are we expecting here? I think thatll be in interesting statistic to look for in hypercar with Toyota and Glickenhaus. Of course stint lengths too
Provided that I ignore how toyota, alpine and 007 are free to use a low drag/downforce wings setting, similiar to monza, also portimao has a long straight anticipated by a fast corner.
During portimao onboard videos, toyota was reaching 315km/h as top speed, alpine 312-314km/h. Based by this, I think in monza hyp and alpine could be in the range of 320-325km/h.
About stint lenghts, here is a bit more difficult to predict... at example I thought that portimao stints were going to be shorter than spa considering that spa is a fast track with cars usually using high speeds for most of the time lap while portimao has 5 important start and stop corners.
Considering that monza has an average speed more comparable to spa than portimao, I guess there will be also similiar stint lenght:
about 48 minutes for alpine, 52-53 for toyota and I guess 007 will be able to stay on track 2-4 minutes longer, depending if will be able to run one or two extra lap.