View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2021, 05:01 (Ref:4060243)   #8
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Wow your missing out. Sportscars is the only form of auto racing where my interest has increased as I have gotten older. And 99% of my ten tenths posts are there.

How can anybody like spec racing of NASCAR, F1, and yes Indycar anymore? Its boring. Even within sportscars this is a problem as LMP2 and LMP3 is quite boring and the cars are the same. GT racing is the best cause you do get manfacturer diversity there. Thankfully LMH and LMDH looks like have promise in that area too. Especially with the Peugoet reveal earlier today.

The better question is sportscar drivers to indycar? Felip Nasr and Kamui Kobayashi top the list for sure. Dane Cameron and the Taylor brothers too.

I think some of the GT vets could be great for NASCAR road races. Nick Tandy, Earl Bamber, and Antonio Garcia top my lists there.

Also would like to see Jimmie Johnson give IMSA a full time look when LMDH cars come in 2023. He has done fine with the DPI cars so far.

You make some good points. The first professional road race event I attended was the 1981 Pabst 500 IMSA race at Road America and I was immediately attracted by the diversity of machinery on the track, the driver talent, and the quality of the teams involved. 40 years later (despite some lean years in the interim) IMSA's top level is still pretty interesting, as well as the GTLM class - even though there aren't many entries.

The racing in the Indycar series is as close as you could possibly hope for. I can't imagine anyone with an interest in racing describing it as boring. Yes it's a spec car series but perhaps at some point it could evolve to the point where that could change.