View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2021, 13:52 (Ref:4063100)   #8747
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
To have customers, the car also has to be
* affordable
* serviceable
* not too complex for customers to run it
* driver-friendly

Which of these boxes will be ticked by an LMH and which ny an LMDh ?
Good question!

I keep repeating this, but no one hears me. An LMH can be everything an LMDh is, but doesn't have to have the hybrid system. Which means it can be even less expensive. And at the same time it has the freedom to look more unique at no extra cost, which gives the car more cache with fans and collectors, which boosts the car's residual value, which in turn makes it more attractive for customer teams. I'm yet to see anything to suggest an LMH cannot use the same suppliers and partially same designs, if not exactly the same tub as LMDh.
The only real advantage of LMDh (in America) is everyone's suspicion that IMSA's BoP will subtly, yet deliberately, screw all the "not-invented here" cars.

And yet, fans and "experts" alike keep repeating the "LMDh = less costly route" mantra on and on. They just repeat it without giving it much thought because someone with vested interests said so.
Case in point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Its obvious that they went the LMDh route in order to provide an "affordable" customer product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I honestly can't see very realistically private teams paying porsche to get one or two porsche lmdh to be then kicked by the porsche work team using the same car...
Well, it reports are correct, Porsche are actually counting on having as many customer cars as works cars in year one.