View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4065231)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is my stance.

I don't really care about sim racing. But lets not be all closed gated. I kinda liked that Glick were one of the wee guys, taking it to the big constructors and fighting for recognition from the ACO, IMSA etc. So for the wee guys to exclude the even smaller guys doesn't sit right.

It should be a case of gates open, come on in! A lot of Glicks fans are the kind of young people who hang about on Twitter and play games. To exclude them in such a harsh way seems unwise, and frankly, just mean. And I say this as a Glick fan - I, like I suspect a few others here, have 1:43s of some of their cars.
Totally agreed.

Such a shame that weeks before the big race, and this is what we’re talking about. Suspect Glickenhaus has actually persuaded some people not to bother with the big race, by closing the gates on the largest gateway to the young understanding our sport.

I’m 27, Le Mans obsessed, and the only friends of mine who have a clue what I’m on about have come across it on a games console.