View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4065447)   #62
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
So I feel like I can be honest here and people will understand what I mean and I won't get a twitter style backlash (ha). This is the bits that made me sad:

No one is suggesting you shouldn't do something you enjoy. We are suggesting that you should try real racing and that real is quite different from simulated.

Take your daily driver to a local drag strip or an auto cross. That's racing.

This is just a classic case of "What does a pint of milk cost anyway?".

I think it's safe to say that almost every single sim racer would go real racing if they could. But that isn't how the world works. Just because the person in a position of massive privilege tells you to go racing, doesn't suddenly mean you can.

It's just alienating to those less fortunate. And as a huge Glick fan since the P4/5 days, I was disappointed. Not angry, not gonna argue about it - just disappointed.
Jim isnt suggesting that EVERYONE should go racing in real life, just that they can...

...its a lot more affordable and open to people than they think. He is just pointing out that for the same price as a decent sim rig, you can go racing which is correct.

If you have a daily driver then there are numerous options like road rallying, drag racing, hill climbing, sprints etc, all that are affordable.

If you dont have a daily driver then you can do karting or race hire karts cheaply.

My last sim rig including computer, wheel, tv, i racing subscription and games cost circa £2000. for the same price i could race hire karts for 3-4 years or race my daily driver in road rallys or drag racing for 3 or so years with no extra maintenence than the usual.