View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4065449)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool. I lived on bread and Tesco value coffee for 10 years because I often didn't have money for electricity. I used a hand me down PC, cobbled together from old parts. I had a partially broken Logitech wheel that had one working paddle, so I had to shift using the buttons. I got my games as gifts (except GPL - which was found in a PoundStretcher, long before I knew who Papyrus was). So you may have had a £2000 setup, but I'd like to point out that this is far from the norm and many of us do not have £2000 to burn on such things. To suggest that motorsport is affordable to the every day person is just staggeringly out of touch with how the world is, I'm sorry. To see a team I absolutely love saying things like "try real racing" was disappointing.

I said it right at the start - this absolutely smacks of "how much is a pint of milk?" and it appears that it was indeed the case. I'll bow out now as I'm not really interested in an argument, I just wanted to explain why I felt unhappy and disappointed with the tweets. Unfortunately, that disappointment has not subsided. I love Glick, but I felt like the tweets were a bit of a low blow, and I can't be part of that club.

Edit: The word I've been searching for in my head is gate keeping. I am not interested in gate keeping of things in general, least of all motorsport, which isn't known for its accessibility in the first place. Inclusion, not exclusion.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 5 Aug 2021 at 11:02.