View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4066895)   #61
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
After all the talk about driving standards recently, I thought they were excellent this weekend. Shedden got a lot of stick for his driving at Brands Hatch, but multiple times today he could have pushed drivers out the way to pass them but didn't. Obviously a few iffy moments from some, but generally the driving was good today.
Interesting that the three winners were exactly the same as at Snetterton, and the way each race was won was also very similar.
Excellent weekends from Proctor and Smiley, with two podiums from Proctor and Smiley deserving one too. Both have made a big step up since last year, as has Aiden Moffat. I was also very impressed with Jason Plato in the third race, keeping up with Jelley in an obviously slower car, and then keeping it clean when he was shuffled backwards.
And it was a shame that the top nine were reversed for race three, rather than the top ten, because then my pre-season prediction of Carl Boardley winning race three at Knockhill could have come true! That is three reversed-grid poles for Stephen Jelley in five races this year, ridiculously good luck not seen since Sam Tordoff in 2016. Butt he deserves some good luck after having famously awful luck in the last four years since his return to the championship.