View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4067656)   #314
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
Does anyone have an info about Toyota s lock up enterin Mulsanne? on TV I did not notice anything.

It is a bit annoying, because I was about to write a quick post about how satisfied I am with Toyotas average- and also peak pace. They seem to run like clockwork - knock on wood - and they are far more dominant as I had expected.

Seemingly there are a lot of people cheering against Toyota and hyping everything they can.

Kobayashi s qualy lap was a bomb! For our betting game for myself I can say that I would surely not win, I expected Toyota to be slower actually in qualy trim! In Hyperpole they could do a 3:24!

kobayashi lap was made with little traffic on track during first minutes, don't know how much they could improve during hyperpole.
I honestly don't expect they will be able to find 2 seconds from nowhere, but never say never.
I'm sure toyota guys know that soon or later they will have to deal with brakes issues during the race, anyway during onboards was quite impressive to see how unstable and goofy toyota looks during the fast direction change in the middle of mulsanne chicanes, compared to that ts050 was basically running on rails.
Despite this, during qualifying toyota was 0.6s faster than alpine and best 07 on S3, quite surprising considering how alpine and 07 fit better for porsche sector.