Old 24 Aug 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4070096)   #1799
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not to me, I was pretty entertained throughout. Having watched 34 of the last 36 at the event, I've seen many races that were significantly more boring, even some from the fabled Group C era. Some of the races I've seen, the last third of the race has seen relatively little memorable action. If we gauge it solely by the margin of victory, this year was pretty close. I'm not sure how much you watched, but watching the whole of a 24 Hour event can be a very immersive experience.
I concur. The race itself was pretty decent in terms of potential upsets happening and unfortunately it did happen to the WRT Team, very cruel.

The 2020 race for me was a lot worse. I just couldn't see a way how the Toyotas were going to lose that race. This year there was that slim possibility that they were going to have serious issues and that one or both of the cars could end up not finishing.

The Glickenhaus entry was impressive, but they did have Joest in the garage, so you'd sort of expect them to do quite well.

A shame about some of the P2 entries - but for me, personally, there are too many and of course not enough variation (understatement). But WRT did an excellent job with that and came so close to getting both top steps of the podium!!