View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2021, 20:08 (Ref:4070543)   #7
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
thank you for that. was pretty sure i had not seen it used during a live broadcast but obviously could have very easily missed it.

maybe a simple explanation but why is it not available during live feeds? and i assume that also means race control doesnt have live access to it?

seems odd in this age of technology.
I'm not an expert on these cameras, but I would guess several factors,

Are the cameras capable of offloading via a data feed?
Is the ship to shore broadcast system capable of handling the type of image and amount of data that the camera produces and from every car?
What would the production facility require to handle the data and produce it into a format that can be included into the world feed either live or as a replay of the live feed from the camera?

I'm sure there are other factors to it as well, who knows next season they may able to include coverage from the camera either live or in (near real time) replays.