View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4072791)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
If it's running as a hybrid now it would be the same as the Toyota though wouldn't it rather than the team themselves running it directly?
The Toyota was built by Speedworks, and they were also involved with the testing of the car. Their logo is still visible on the bonnet. I would imagine the same is true of the 125i, in that Cicelely will be assisting with the running of the car, but all data will be retained by Cosworth.

Speedworks BTCC team happy with first circuit test of hybrid system

'Speedworks, which is developing the system on behalf of BTCC organiser TOCA alongside hybrid supplier Cosworth Electronics, took an additional Toyota to this week's two-day Goodyear tyre test alongside the official Toyota GB Corolla of Tom Ingram.

[...]

Speedworks boss Christian Dick told Autosport: "We got a number of days booked at an airfield before we ran at a circuit, because there are a number of complex systems in there, and we wouldn't want to turn up at a circuit and try to do laps without trying it first.
'
Attached Thumbnails
3373.jpg