View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4074740)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I enjoyed seeing Romain's charge to the front in last stint, but the dive bomb into Johnson at the corkscrew looked like avoidable contact to me.

For a track that everyone said would be hard to pass on, there were a lot more passes than I expected. It would have been nice to see some passes for the first couple of positions but I thought this was the best road course event of the season.
I agree with you on the corkscrew incident. And I think at any other point in the race with any other cars it would have been called a penalty, but we were enjoying watching Romain push through the field and so it was allowed for the show.

Herta really seems to be ace at this track. I can't imagine what it would be like to drive one of these cars around Laguna seca, and of all the sports car races I've watched there over the years I feel like the helicopter shots at this race gave a better feel for the elevation change and I have seen on others.

Palou did what he needed today and kept the contenders behind him. The pressure will certainly be on at Long Beach! And to that matter, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the whole season being decided on a street track. There is so much that could go wrong that's not your fault in those tight confines, I'm sure Palou is just hoping he is on pole so he does not have to get caught up in any first lap shenanigans.