View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4077326)   #12
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Rimmer has worked very hard to be 'minted' so good luck to him. He is also a really great guy who has an amazing collection of rally cars and let's them come out to places like Goodwood, Rally Legends, etc. even though he doesn't drive them.

Its good that his passion his rally and yes, through Dirtfish he is putting a lot of money into the world of rally. Unlike certain folk in the UK he doesn't steer the series though and is rarely seen at events.

I am sure most WRC rounds have a backer underwriting them unless like Wales Rally GB it is the tax payer. Here tax money goes on $1B sports stadiums not a sport they have never heard of.

ARA is making a real push for R5s to become more common here - which in itself is a big hope to get us all out of affordable Subaru's and into much more modern and much more expensive cars that are - let's say - very difficult to import given they aren't sold here. I wonder if that push is to ensure a volume of local entries to a future WRC event. If so, no WRC in the US before 2025 and I am saving my cents in a jar and selling kidneys.....