View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4079346)   #164
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The car is pretty much on the pace. It’s the stint length that’s the problem. I presume that is still limited by the physical size of the tank not the energy allowed in the regs.

Ridiculous they are using an old car that they can’t make fit the new regs?

I’m all for them fitting the right tank and having the parity there.
I thought that they already had a larger tank following a dispensation?

'Alpine boss Philippe Sinault has revealed that the marque competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans with an increased fuel tank.'

Sinault was pressed on the changes made after race by reporters in the Le Mans paddock, at which point he unveiled that the team had its fuel tank capacity increased.

“With a hard job from Gibson [engine supplier], with a hard job with my power management and so on, and with the fuel tank,” he said.

When he was asked the follow-up questions to confirm it the team had its fuel tank size increased, Sinault replied: “Yes.”