View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4086406)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Looks very narrow as well? 3 DRS zones being needed says it all about passing opportunities.
I think it has come around differently. The track was designed to allow 'up to' three DRS zones, and whether they choose to use them is a decision each time they visit.
The DRS zones have also been designed differently - two of them are on curves, so not expected to offer a simple drive past, but allow a car to close sufficiently ahead of a braking zone.

Am I putting a positive spin on this? Yes. I'll wait to see what happens before condemning this circuit as being worse than Monaco for F1 racing.

In terms of width - I think there is a perception issue here. The track is between 10 and 15 metres wide - standard for F1.
Baku is only 7.6 metres in parts, and Monaco, Singapore and Australia are all narrower circuits.