View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2021, 05:12 (Ref:4087407)   #28
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noise is a funny thing, people, nimby’s and local council love to whinge about aeroplane noise, car racing etc but are oblivious or will turn a blind eye to other noise when it suits or they have a vested interest!

Our local council organised a festival, that ran Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Big thing was made about it would finish 1130 pm Saturday night-however there was still loud music playing at 1230am. I live three miles from where it was being held and was mighty unimpressed with the noise being generated and having a 0530am alarm for work. Complained to the local council, got a very rude reply about it being a Covid-19 safe event, boosting economic stimulus and it was helping with peoples mental health. The licence states a 1130pm finish, I replied in my email only to be told that we can’t always comply with that finish time, and also one must be tolerant in our multicultural society and appreciate other people’s views!
The lady also suggested for next year, that I invest in double glazing, buy new curtains, or I book a four day break, and get out of the area and away from the festival as she was worried my mental health!