View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2022, 00:05 (Ref:4094494)   #160
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
But it is perfectly possible to be British (or Australian) and have a reasonable opinion on matters with these two drivers.

It is also possible that it can be a reasonable opinion and positive opinion of these drivers even if they are from the same country. It is possible to side with them on an issue too.

And this is the problem with the simpleton’s location checks out view. You throw out reasonable opinion and automatically assume it is to be dismissed. That is as bad as actual location checks out, which of course happens.

The answer is to rise above it.

The response of only saying location checks is as blind and bad as an actual location checks out.

And it is beyond tedious. It’s very obvious when someone is behaving as location checks out. We’ve now reached the point where it is obvious someone is just behaving as different-location checks out.

The best approach for those that are location checks out and different-location checks out is to find somewhere where only people who share your opinion are. I.e. not the big wild world.

As bump pass says it shouldn’t matter where you are from. Let’s assume that first.

Unfortunately I don’t share his optimism that as soon as we get racing it will pass over. The scheduling of the FIA response makes sure of that. But I hope I am wrong here.
Exactly why I took my location off

Now nobody will ever know if I can or can't walk precisely 4.3km to Albert Park from my apartment