View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4094536)   #174
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't care that Lewis lost the title. I care that the title was decided by applying the rules incorrectly to satisfy a Netflix like desire for drama over sporting accuracy.

And even if we ignore all of Lewis stuff, we had an interesting year of officiating didn't we? We had a race director allowing teams to bargain over what the grid should be with a team. We had a race director report a driver to the stewards for disobeying a yellow flag....that didn't exist. And we had a race director report a driver to the stewards for wearing a political t-shirt, backing a cause the FIA champions every weekend.

Even if you ignore Abu Dhabi, it's difficult to look at the officiating of Formula 1 in 2021 and come to the conclusion it was carried out with competancy.
Not to forget the Spa saga, multiple races in the last 2 years that were red flagged that could have been dealt with under safety car, then the red flags leading to more accidents, and to top it off, pre race directors notes that werent clear, sometimes enforced, sometimes not and track limits changed throughout the weekend, sometimes enforced, sometimes not....'overtaking moves' that where drivers were forced off being ok in one race, not the next.

The whole situation just looks disjointed and adds to a feeling of mismanagment and a governing body that looks out of its depth.

This has lead to team owners being frustrated because they dont know where they stand, drivers getting away with stuff sometimes, not other times leading to frustration and utter polarisation of fans because of the rhetoric and frustration from teams who think the whole situation is unfair.

As above i care about Formula 1 more than any team or driver, as ive said before, thats what makes this situation so bad, its tarnishing the sport i love, in a year where weve had 2 phenominal teams and drivers go at it, some great midfeild performance and instead of talking about those, the sport is mired in controversy, largly because of the referee.