View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4096965)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
It would be possible to do the pass arounds for class separation without crediting cars with laps back, wouldn’t it? At least then it would mean something to have gained or lost laps during green running.
I've been trying to think through this and different methods in my head, and keep getting things mixed up. I think my next step is to get out my matchbox cars and line up a mixed class grid to see how I can pull cars out and not make people gain laps!

But in all honesty I think the teams like the ability to gain a lab back, whenever they talk to a driver or team owner during the race they always mention the procedure. We may be able to come up with a better solution, for fans, but if the teams and series like the status quo we can't really say much about it.