View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4097789)   #73
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think a lot of it is that they just don't place it high on the priority list, the track layout is like an afterthought. Its like Abu Dhabi, the centrepiece of that track is the hotel complex, it was built and then they had to weave a track around it. Another anti-racing track is that Russia abomination. Not designed to be racing circuit at all, and it shows. You could argue that, this is a consequence of moving racing to street type venues and I think that's partially true, you can only do so much with a street layout, but having said that, Monaco is a great circuit, I think Baku doesn't deserve the hate it gets either.
You make a good point. It just seems they need a track to make a GP happen in the country, so they don't try that hard with the layout in some places